Sunday, August 4, 2013

Bimini Ring

Thank you so much for all the lovely, supportive comments on my last post. I have given work my notice and am counting down the last few weeks. I can't wait to be able to focus better on the shop and family and home. It seems a bit financially foolhardy but I've done stupider things on my life and got away with it. Things have a way of working out.

Friday was a 'student free day' at the boys' school (teacher training), and thankfully Andy was able to take on parenting duties. He set about installing a new backyard game. It's incredibly simple and rather addictive.











Andy discovered the game at a pub in Texas on a work trip. It's just a hook on a wall, and a ring on a string attached to a swivelly clip thing overhead. Swing the ring and try to get it on the hook. It's pretty much impossible to watch someone doing it without coming over all childish: 'I wanna go! My turn next!'.

In other weekend-ish happenings, Clem had been saving his pocket money for some weeks to buy a 'magic garden' and has been delightedly showing us the progress.

I love these things - really, quite magical. There's quite a bit more 'snow' on the mountain now.

There has been sewing, just no pictures I'm afraid. I made my Dad a Your Sew Girl Flat Cap, on his request (how nice to have my Dad ask me to sew him something!). Jasper has a new velour hoodie and I have been slowly, slowly making my way through a Colette Hawthorn dress for myself. It's rather unseasonal so no rush. Might have to have a photo sesh and do a quick roundup blog post about all the sewings.

How's your weekend? Magic gardens? Pub games for the whole family?

- Jane xx





3 comments:

  1. Ok, that game looks very cool :-)
    I always loved those magic garden things (my mother never let me have one...)
    And that is wonderful news about your job

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun.

    I spent my weekend looking after sick kids and getting very little sleep. Actually, it hasn't stopped yet. Now I'm spending a little time feeling sorry for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most exciting news on the job (or change of, I suppose), I hope the last few weeks are going well and wish you the very best with the shop full-time.

    The game looks great and I can see, totally addictive. As for Clem's magical garden, my boys love those as well, but we've only ever had the trees, didn't know you get an entire garden!

    Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I would really love to know what you think. Go on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...